December 2019 Archives

How an installment agreement can help you with your tax debt

Every year, numerous Connecticut residents find themselves unable to pay their taxes. If you find yourself in this position, there are various ways you can pay off your tax debt without doing too much damage to your pocketbook. One way is through installment agreements.

Claiming part-year residency could get you audited

It's no secret that he tax rate in Connecticut is high. It makes sense that those who choose to live part of the year in another state would want to limit how much they have to pay in taxes here, so they claim part-year residency. The problem with that is doing so may get one audited.

The ins and outs of tax-free exchanges

Most Connecticut residents are always on the lookout for ways to lower their tax liabilities. No one wants to pay Uncle Sam more than they have to, so it is understandable. Unfortunately, there are only so many ways that one can do this without raising any questions over legality. For business owners or those who have investment properties, tax-free exchanges are one way to avoid overpaying taxes on capital gains from the selling of property.

How can we help you?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy


Baker Law Firm, P. C.
24 Delay Street, Suite 1
Danbury, CT 06810

Phone: 203-648-4737
Fax: 203-791-1892
Danbury Law Office Map