1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Criminal Tax Issues
  4.  → Failure to File Returns

Serious Penalties For Delinquent And Unfiled Tax Returns

Are you being audited by the IRS for failing to file tax returns? Are you worried about going to prison for failing to file your tax returns? A lot of people, for various reasons, fail to file tax returns. In many instances, individuals do not file returns due to unexpected events, such as job loss, divorce, bankruptcy or unexpected medical issues. However, the failure to file tax returns may subject you to a civil penalty. If you have failed to file or pay taxes for an extended period of time, you may also be subject to criminal charges.

Even if the IRS has not contacted you yet, that does not mean it never will. If you have failed to file a tax return, protect yourself and your assets. Call experienced tax attorney Fred L. Baker at 203-648-4737.

Protecting You With Our Experience

Tax attorney Fred L. Baker has more than 45 years of experience in tax law. In addition to possessing an LL.M. (Master of Laws) in taxation, he is a former trial attorney for the Internal Revenue Service’s Office of Chief Counsel in New York City. This means he understands tax issues from every perspective. He understands the penalties the IRS can levy against you, and he will work to minimize those penalties. He will work with you to determine the extent of your tax problem and help you find solutions, including:

  • Whether you can reach an offer in compromise
  • Whether an installment agreement can be negotiated
  • Whether any penalties can be abated
  • Whether criminal charges will be brought, and if so, what can be done to combat these charges

Experience Matters

The Baker Law Firm, P.C. serves individuals and businesses throughout Connecticut. Contact Danbury unfiled tax returns attorney Fred L. Baker at 203-648-4737 to arrange a confidential consultation about your tax issues.